High School Equivalency (HSE) / General Education Development (GED)
Earning a High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate opens the door to job security and higher education opportunities. We offer classes that prepare adult learners to pass the state-approved High School Equivalency (HSE) tests.
Residents of Illinois 16 years of age or older are welcome to join! Ages 16 and 17 must provide a letter of withdrawal/separation from their high school.
GED Classes in English
We offer classes in Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Classes may be offered in-person, hybrid, or online.
Please complete the pre-registration form and you will be contacted via email when placement testing and registration becomes available.
Clases de GED en español
Ofrecemos clases en primavera, verano, y otoño.
Las clases se pueden ofrecer en formatos flexibles.
¡Complete el formulario de preinscripción para comenzar!
Build Skills Through ICAPS
- FREE program for qualified students, including high-intermediate and advanced HSE and ESL students and recent high school and HSE graduates
- Explore and prepare for careers with great salaries
- Earn college credit
- Available options may include: Healthcare Bridge, Informational Technology Bridge, and Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Bridge
Tutoring may be available at no cost to actively enrolled students.
For more information on English or Spanish GED or Bridge/ICAPS programs, email email@example.com or call 847.635.1426.
Night High School
Students who are not currently enrolled in a regular daytime high school program may obtain a high school diploma by attending evening classes at Maine South High School.
• Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized instruction
• Classes are typically held two times each week from 5:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays at Maine South High School. Classes may be online or hybrid.
• Resident of Evanston, Maine, Northfield, or Niles Township
• 16 years of age or older
• Not presently enrolled in a regular daytime high school program
• Evanston, Maine and Niles residents: Apply to your high school principal for special permission to enroll.
Call the Evening High School office at Maine South at 847.825.7719 from 6:00-9:00pm Monday - Thursday to set up an appointment or call Coordinator Mark Hankins for more information 773.234.6272.