We offer two programs: High School Equivalency (GED) and Evening High School.
High School Equivalency (GED)
We can help you prepare for the High School Equivalency exams. Passing the High School Equivalency tests enables a student to earn credentials that are accepted by most employers and schools.
Resident of Cook County and 17 years of age or older. (Age 16: call the GED office at 847-635-1426 for specific requirements.)
To register, please complete the application and also e-mail email@example.com or call 847.635.1426.
Tutoring is available at no cost.
Evening High School
Students who are not currently enrolled in a regular daytime high school program may obtain a high school diploma by attending evening classes at Maine South High School.
• Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized instruction
• Classes are typically held two times each week from 5:45 to 9:45 p.m., on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays at Maine South High School. However, due to COVID-19, classes may be held online.
• Resident of Evanston, Maine, Northfield, or Niles Township
• 17 years of age or older; call a counselor for further information.
• Not presently enrolled in a regular daytime high school program
• Evanston, Maine and Niles residents: Apply to your high school principal for special permission to enroll.
Call the Evening High School office at Maine South High School, 847-825-7719 from 6 to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to set up an appointment. During daytime hours, call Tim Pappageorge at Maine West, 847-827-6176 (ext. 5739) or the Adult Education Department at 847-635-1426.