Our free ESL program is designed for adults 16 years and older whose native language is not English. Courses are offered free to students through Title II of the Workforce Investment Act as administered by the Illinois Community College Board.
- Children are not allowed to participate in ESL classes
- Students may be admitted until registration cut-off date if space is available
- Integrated skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing, conversation, grammar, career readiness, critical thinking,
- Levels: Beginning through advanced
- Locations: due to COVID-19, all courses will be virtual
- Times: Morning, afternoon, and evening classes
- Semesters: Classes are offered in spring, summer, and fall
To register, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.635.1426.
Note: Per ICCB (Illinois Community College Board) regulations, au pairs are required to take post-secondary classes and cannot enroll in Oakton’s free ESL classes. They may, however, enroll in the College’s low-cost tuition classes. ESL classes are not intended for tourists, but rather for those who have come to live in the United States.